Monday, February 23, 2009

"It looks like you've gained some weight..."

Ok, so I know that I will gain weight, I'm pregnant for goodness sake. However when a client of mine found out I was pregnant for the first time today said (and I quote..."It looks like you've gained some weight," it made me feel bad. I am only in my 11th week and I have been careful with food intake and exercise. After I talked with my husband and he calmed me down, I was able to put it in perspective, although I haven't gained more than a pound, my body is changing, my uterus is growing and all is well. Pregnancy is such a rough time emotionally and physically do we really need our friends to make us feel worse? Couldn't she think of anything else to say right out of the gate? Ok, I'm done with my rant, and I REFUSE to feel bad about myself during this pregnancy! Keep up the good fight to all of you out there that are pregnant and/or remember how it feels to be so!

rebecca@fitandfabulouspregnancy.com

www.fitandfabulouspregnancy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment