I had a headache all night and the research I've done says NOT to take aspirin and ibuprofen during pregnancy because the risk of miscarriage, but to use acetaminophen (tylenol) instead. Yep, you guessed it...my medicine drawer was full of aspirin and ibuprofen, but no tylenol. So that was fun. My day did get better though. My dauhter who has been very sick was feeling much better this morning and both of us were in much better moods! Yeah!
Although I didn't feel at all like going to the gym, I went with my husband when he got home and ended up feeling much better after the workout. I wore my heart rate monitor and although I got up above the 140 mark, I didn't get my heart rate as high and felt good and not too exhausted the whole time. I remember from my last pregnancy that there were MANY days that I had to drag my sorry self to the gym, but I felt better afterwards, everytime! This time is harder because now I have my 2 year old to care for too. But I'm going to get it done. I want to stay fit and healthy, not to mention not gain too much weight so as long as my pregnancy stays normal and everything is ok with the Doctor I will continue to get my workouts in.
FYI - I did 6 core/strength training exercises for 3 sets each and I only spent about 30 minutes working out in the gym. You may be surpried how little time you need to get your workouts in, it all depends on how many sets you do, how many reps you do and how long you rest in-between. Rest time is important during pregnancy and you need to check your intensity often. However, even with rest time you should be able to get your workout in in 30 to 45 minutes.
Rebecca@fitandfabulouspregnancy.com
www.fitandfabulouspregnancy.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment