I've noticed it before now but today there was no ignoring it. I am just SO hungry. I know that you only have to add 200 to 300 extra calories a day and mostly just in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. However, I added the extra calories as soon as I found out I was pregnant cuz of the hunger and I guess it will be the same this time too. Other than that and some lower abdominal ligament and stretching pain, I've been feeling great! And I'm eating well too. I've had yogurt, spinach, turkey, olives, and a handful of cheezits (one of my fav junk foods...but my 2 year old hates them...go figure!)today so far and after writing this I will have a bowl of frozen berries.
I also got my 3rd workout in for the week. It is feeling better and better. I worked out really hard today, but kept my heart rate monitor on and watched my intensity. Especially because of my age I believe one of the things that helped me through my last pregnancy was appropriate exercise and eating well for my pregnant body. There were so many times this week I thought of throwing in the towel, and I know it's going to get harder so I'm very proud of myself for getting my exercise in, if I keep it up I will remember how good it feels and won't skip it as my pregnancy progresses.
FYI - It is so important to get enough water, especially during pregnancy. I take a bottle with me when I workout and try to drink most, if not all of it, before I go home. I actually try to carry a bottle around with me most of the time to be sure I get enough water in. Pregnant women need around 64 ounces, more if you workout a lot because of the water lost throuh sweat.
rebecca@fitandfabulouspregnancy.com
www.fitandfabulouspregnancy.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment